Friday, September 4, 2009

Mike Toy Pens Peanut Butter & Jelly: How to Find a Match Made in Heaven

When I first heard of Mike Toy's dating book, Peanut Butter & Jelly: How to find a Match Made in Heaven, I thought it might be a great book for my daughter. But when parents "suggest" a book to teenagers, they are often met with resistance. I suppose I could just leave it on the dining room table and hope she picks it up.

Anyway, the book is divided into sections for guys and girls and both. Since I'm a girl, I started with the female section, but that was a mistake because it referred back to statements in the males' part. Actually the guys' portion has tips on the art of conversation that anyone can use in many types of relationships. And learning what to do when someone breaks up with you applies to both sexes.

The examples portray mostly situations college and young career-aged people might encounter, but the Biblical principles and advice apply to teenagers and others too. The humorous, easy-to-understand language was an enjoyable read. Perhaps if my daughter hears me laughing, she'll wonder what's so funny and be curious to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments or questions here.