Friday, October 23, 2020

Feature Friday: Amelia Fei

 

Meet Amelia Fei! She voices the roles of Anna Woo, Ling Soo, and

Quan Yee in The Angry Angels of Chinatown trailer. Here is a little

more about her. 


1) Why did you choose to be a part of the Angry Angels trailer?

 

We've rarely seen productions of stories that accurately portray Asian

culture and historical events, especially about women. So I find it refreshing

and empowering to see such a movie being made while having the honor to be

a part of it. Representation matters. 

 

2) What do you love about your characters?

 

I got to voice three different characters for the trailer, and though they're quite

different in many ways, they all, one way or another, show bravery to fight for

what's right instead of bowing to fate. This was extremely difficult back in the

day considering their social status and them being women,

Asian women, and I find this kind of persistence and courage is

especially crucial in the world we're living today.   

 

3) What do you love about what you do?

 

Because of the nature of my job, I'm required to do a lot of research

and studying for my characters. And to me, it is always delightful to

have the opportunity to learn about new stories or just things I didn't

know in general. 


Afterwards, having the opportunity to share the stories with the rest of the world

through my perspective simply feels magical.

 

4) Fun Fact: Since I was fortunate enough to pick my own English name and all,

I used to attempt to obtain a pilot license while waiting for my artist visa to get

approved (thinking it wouldn't), and it did! 


Website link: ameliafei.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments or questions here.