Friday, October 9, 2020

Feature Friday: Robin Mazer

 


Meet Robin Mazer! She voices the characters of Donaldina Cameron. Here is a little more about her -


1) Why did you choose to be a part of the Angry Angels trailer?

Donaldina Cameron was a real person. A historical, female hero, that up until I was chosen for this project,

I had never heard of. I am drawn to strong, ambitious, and intelligent characters, so I was beyond thrilled to

voice Donaldina. Stories of historical women are not told as often as those depicted in film of historical

men, and this was a remarkable opportunity to shed some light on a real-life female "Avenger" who chose

to be outspoken and take action in the days of long skirts and the role of wife/mother as the only thing a

woman was fit for.


2) What do you love about your character?

Donaldina moves forward. Everything she does is in service of a super objective to make the world better, safer, and more equal. She sees something wrong and she does something about it. She has zero complacency or apathy. She is unbridled strength and justice.


3) What do you love about what you do?

One of my acting professors at Ithaca College, Cynthia Henderson, said: “acting is living truthfully through given circumstances.” I love being a storyteller and telling the truth via the vehicle of someone else. It's a really special thing to immerse yourself into an entire spectrum of someone else's emotion.


4) Fun Fact:  I'm a singer/songwriter. I've been singing/studying voice my whole life and writing music for most of it, and hold a BFA in Musical Theatre from Ithaca College. Also - I am a certified spin instructor! I started teaching in college but have been spinning since high school!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments or questions here.